Week 30: Who needs cake when you have dumplings?

So for week 30, my folks were still visiting and it was still hot. My mother offered to make us the delicious treat of homemade dumplings. I managed to talk her into making enough for a small gathering of friends and we had a lovely evening on the patio eating dumplings (homemade wrappers and three different types of fillings) and green onion pancakes.

Since I am physically incapable of having a gathering without dessert, I made arrangements to throw together some summer berry shortcakes with marscapone whipped cream. Strawberries and blueberries on top and fresh biscuits. It was a nice light way to end the feast.

Unfortunately, I was too dazed from carbo-gorging on green onion pancakes and dumplings to take any photos. The biscuits were square and not quite as fluffy as I'd have liked. The plus side is that I was able to bake them in the smaller oven tray which minimized the heat transfer in the kitchen.

Comments