Week 29: The heat wave keeps on keeping on

The entry for week 29 in my baking journal is as follows: "Still too hot :(" That probably sums it up. Additionally, my parents came to town for a visit so we were busy with all of those accompanying activities.

I was requested to make some cake by my folks, however, and how could I say no? I took the opportunity to pull out the midi-sized bundt pans and made a couple blueberry bundt cakes. They turned out to be a good snacking and breakfasting cake. Sent the rest of one of the loafs with my mother for the next leg of their road trip adventure.

Pair of midi-blueberry bundt cakes

Also, this was the week that I obtained and was introduced to the world of the Instant Pot. Those investigations took some additional time and were not particularly conducive to baking. I'm really annoyed that I wound up liking this appliance so much just like everyone kept saying that I would. But really, it's a pretty magical piece of kitchen equipment.

Comments