Recipe Reconnaisance

Finally get some time to take a look at the new(ish) recipes on Epicurious. I can't believe they are posting the October ones already. Come on now, people! Oh well...it just helps me plan out what I will soon be trying, right? Thank goodness I am pretty much bike commuting daily...just need to get back into lifting as well and I'll be set.
I think before I get to these though, I will make my probably favorite Epicurious search recipe ever, Moroccan Roast Chicken, perhaps with a side of mashed roots or some of those pretty brussel sprouts on the branch at the farmer's market. That's a Fall menu though so maybe I will try and eke out some more late summery goodness.

Apple Goat Cheese and Honey Tartlets
Cheese Flan
Coconut Rum Cake
Double Corn Chowder with Chipotle and Bacon
Mexican Bulghur and Vegetable Salad
Zucchini Blossom Quesadillas
Lobster Scallops and Mussels with Tomatoe Garlic Vinaigrette
Ginger Squash Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Glazed Apple Lattice Coffee Cake
Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup
Carmelized Fresh Pineapple Tiramisu
Pink Grapefruit Tart with Edamame Ice Cream
(I am fascinated about the ice cream, but doubtful)

Griddled Steel-Cut Oatcakes
Kabocha Squash Cake with Brown Sugar Ice Cream
Farmers Market Salad with Spiced Goat Cheese Rounds

Comments

Liz said…
omfg, i would make that coconut rum cake tonight if i could obtain any ingredients besides the ones in the name. never mind i don't have access to an oven, i'd construct one just for that cake.
Cathy said…
I know, right? It sounds and looks so tasty!
You are going to have to come visit me in Denver and show me some of your mad Thai cooking skills. :)
And, to answer a previous question, I made that bee pie like 3 years ago. It was so fun and I must try it again!