Prepping for the Tourney

My 3rd and last Chicago Ultimate Spring League Tourney for the foreseeable future is coming up. I am so glad we did not place in the bottom of the standings and thus have to get out to Naperville for a 8 am game! Thought I would go all out this year and accept requests for goodies. Here are the Caramel Brownies that Chad requested with a QC sample taken out:

I used the turtle brownie recipe found here and I have to say I think that mine look better than theirs! Also looked for other recipes, but they all called for pre-made caramels which kinda turns me off - a. an exta trip to the store and b. it's not that hard to melt sugar, corn syrup and add in cream (basically); I always burn my tongue when I make caramel though: ouch. Next time I will remember to use the recipe from Malgieri's "Chocolate" cookbook as it involved a sizeable amount of liquor in the brownies. I spiked the caramel with a shot or two of Kahlua but I have a feeling it all cooked off.
I think I will make another batch of banana cookies (always a hit and healthy(ish) too!) and maybe try David Lebovitz's Pineapple Coconut cookies again. I liked those quite a lot and it's mostly pineapple with some egg whites as binder and coconut so nothing too heavy and fairly sports friendly. Maybe some cheesecake brownies since I have cream cheese to use up. Spending a nice evening chillin' and cookin' before a big day of running around in the sun is definitely on the books. I just got this cupcake cookbook and I am trying to think of ways to make frisbee decorated cupcakes. But maybe it'd be a better idea to try and design frisbee cookies. Especially if they were aerodynamic.

Comments