It's Official!

As of 9:30 am this morning, I will be matriculating at the University of Colorado-Denver in the Fall of '07.
That's kinda a big deal, right? I'm excited to move, but starting to freak out about leaving the comfort of Chicago behind. Guess I am going to go from knowing about the secret routes to take around the Dan Ryan construction to being the wide-eyed confused person driving way too slowly on the freeways again. But I hear there is ultimate. And lots of parks. And a clone of The Spice House. So it won't be all that bad. But there is also going to be some seriously bad baking going on what with the altitude 'n stuff. Boooooooooo. Sorry future Denver Ultimate teammates: can't guarantee any sort of tasty cookies for games.
I wish I could transport all my friends from here to there. That would be great.

[On a side note, I learned how to make a buerre fondue sauce this weekend AND I learned how to skin and fillet sides of halibut. I thought I would hack the hell out of it, but it turned out great. Sadly, my hands smelled (smelt - hee hee) of fish all day, even when I was at the gym. Bleah.]

Comments

Unknown said…
you moved?!?
sad face.
I hope you find some sweet ultimate out there;CO is the home of the UPA, after all...

CUSL will miss you; good luck in Denver.

P.S. you should come back for Sandblast..

-Daye
Cathy said…
oh i'm still here, daye - planning on moving in august so i'll still be kickin' around for sandblast. :)
Anonymous said…
You are going to have to let me know when you perfect high altitude baking. I wouldn't want to visit before that.

By the way I think this means that we need to set the schedule of places to hit before you leave. The schedule is getting pretty tight.
Cathy said…
i think we tentatively ok-ed brunch at frontera grill? just for giggles, i will free-associate some ideas here: wrigley, comiskey, l.a.t.e. ride, vtk (for the passionfruit souffle), joy yees, dim sum, north pond, etoile up in madison, hot dougs. that's a lot alreasy isn't it?