Final Four Fever

I made it back to the gym today after a prolonged 2.5 week absence. This sucks because the reasons that kept me from going have become an ongoing painful drama and also prior to my absence, I was getting back into pretty tip-top form. Oh well. Anyhow, my gym has a basketball court area which is pretty cool. Sometimes non-basketball playing folks invade the parquet and do lunges and other exercises in the space, but I've never dared.
I noticed 2 things today: basketball court usage has significantly increased in the last couple of months and the number of men of the Caucasian persuasion playing the roundball has also increased, effectively changing the demographics of folks on the court. I have dubbed the former "The March Madness Effect" and the latter "The Tyler Hansbrough Effect." Clearly I was not focusing on my workout nearly enough today. This has not stopping me from sipping G2 for rehydration, however. Mmmm.

Comments

Alex said…
I haven't exercised since I was in Denver. I find that I still need to hydrate, however. That drive to work really takes a lot out of you. Get off my tip. I still earn my fancy waters.