Peaches et al

So the peaches from the Western slope are definitely the most amazing delicious perfumey yummy peaches in the history of the world. They are like candy. So I decided to support my local Rotary Club and get a 25 lb box of them. Which meant putting about 15 lbs of them into the chest freezer. What to do with all those peaches? I tried to make freezer peach jam. And failed, miserably. It is more of a peach sauce as the pectin never solidified. Oh well. So in the spirit of making lemonade and turning frowns upside down and whatnot, I have been having vanilla ice cream with my peach "jam". It's quite lovely.
I do have pictures of a perfectly lovely peach crisp that I made as well, but no idea where it is so it will have to post later.
Other than that, just been a lot of school type activities. It would be lovely if they added PE class to grad school. I would truly appreciate it. After not working out much at all for the last week what with clinics and classwork and prep work and midterms, I felt like crap today. Lo and behold, a trip to the gym at 8:30 pm for some cardio and some weights and everything is great again. I want Grad School Gym class. Bring it.
And along those lines, I finally went to PT last week for my persistent lower right back pain. It's been ever-present since a ill-advised layout 2 Springs ago and has only gotten exacerbated with more collisions and so on and so forth. Turns out I have sacral torsion and now I have these core/back exercises to do and I have to stretch my Piriformis (10 times each leg, 5 times a day). I am horrible at compliance. Plus I think I tweaked my left hammy. Well, at least I have some more appointments at PT. Here's to hoping that by Spring, I will be a lean mean Ultimate machine!
And finally, a shout out to the Nobel winners, especially the HIV discoverers and my personal favorite, the GFP discoverers. Jellyfish...tasty and helpful!

Comments