Fallin' Back

This last weekend was a pretty packed Daylight Savings weekend and I'm glad I got back that extra hour. Saturday, went down to the Denver Art Museum with some of the gals from school for free day and then hit up a wine and cheese bar as well as Lime XS for margaritas or mojitos. Their mighty margarita packs quite a punch as Jess found out and their "Martini Margarita" (el tesoro silver, patron citronage and some lime) was very yummy. Probably right up there with my fave from Frontera Grill. We didn't have much food there, but I did get sweet corn tamales that were delicious even as leftovers. The gals split a bottle of Pileta 39 Malbec at the wine bar that was good and we got some nice cheeses - my favorite was the triple creme Brillat-Savarin but the Ossau-Iraty (Basque sheep semi-hard) was a close second.
Then came the Sunday League Tournament! I was psyched to play, especially since it was a gorgeous 70 degree sunny day out. Unfortunately, here they don't set up a consolation bracket so you play 1 and if you lose they you're done for the day. Boo!! We had a close game, but lost in the end so that was too bad. I started out poorly - 3 drops, eek - but got those out the system. I think that there is picture of me somewhere doing something cool involving jumping and catching and will post that once I find it. (There were some professional type photogs at the tourney). I did learn about a great post-game cheer though: an Irish Car Bomb out of a disc. Brilliant!

Some of us played a little pick up and then I watched the A league games since I knew some of the folks on a couple of the teams including the team that won it all! It was a great game. I took my sunburnt self home and proceeded to watch the last 3.5 (regulation) minutes of the Pats-Colts game. Again, brilliant!
Now it's back to school school school. But with 2 classmate birthdays this week, I have to set aside time to make a birthday cake (lemon-blueberry with white chocolate cream cheese frosting) and a birthday pie (probably pear-raspberry lattice). But right now I have to take my car back to the shop. Sigh.

Comments